Our Savior’s Council Meeting
Thursday, October 3rd, 2019
Meeting called to order at 6pm.
Secretary Report: Report from September was presented for all to read. Motion by Ron to approve and Denny second.
Treasure Report: The report for September was presented for all to read. Motion by Renita to approve and second by Denny.
Board of Missions: Clothes for Compassion: Looking for 4K-High school clothing. Have lots of adult clothing. Coats, hats, mittens, gloves, snow pants and boots are needed for kids. For Missions the Warrior Pack Program is something we could do with other churches and possibly have a fundraiser with them. Ron will talk to Summer Stietz and see if she can do a write up about this program.
Board of Parish Life: The Sunday school will be singing on October 13th, with refreshments after service. We will say good bye to Dave & Elaine after service also. We will wish them the very best on their move and thank them for their service to Our Savior’s. October 27th is Confirmation Sunday. We have a couple families asking to transfer their membership.
Board of Stewardship: The dip In the parking lot got fixed. Denny will check on getting a taller post for the handicap sign. Denny and Joe will check on Led lites for the kitchen and fellowship room.
Old Business: Soup Supper/Harvest Sale on October 2nd: Supper $933 & Harvest Sale $634, total was $1,567.00. 71 people ate at church and 28 carry outs.
Thrivent Generosity Days Report: Pastor said there were 67 booths. Pastor explained how it works. He worked a booth for people going thru cancer treatments. People are given a bag to fill with lip balm, lotion, sanitizer, carnation drink, word find books. 75 bags were packed. 15-20 bags are given to the hospital at a time. Because of Cheese days they will skip next year and have it every other year.
New Business: All Saints Sunday Service will be November 3rd, 10:30am Joint service with a potluck following at Our Savior’s.
Next meeting– November 7th, 6pm, Our Savior’s
Joint Council meeting November 14th, 6:30pm, Our Savior’s.
Motion to adjourn by Nancy and Ron Second. Adjourn at 6:55pm.
‘Love God, Love Others, and Serve the World’
Jordan Council Meeting 8-22-19
Present: Pastor, LaVerne G., Connie T., Stacy H., Lauren M., Megan N.
1. Called to order at 6:33pm by President LaVerne G.
2. Devotion: From John chap. 10: He who enters through the door is the shepherd, but through another way is a thief. Jesus said “I am the door…I am the good shepherd.” From Psalm 23: Jesus is the good shepherd guiding us.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Members reviewed the report submitted by Stacy H. with a current balance of $6,984.80 as of 8/22/19. Lauren M. motioned to accept report as written. Connie T. seconded the motion. Motion passed.
4. Secretary’s Report: Members reviewed the report submitted by Connie T. Stacy H. motioned to accept the report. Lauren M. seconded the motion. Motion passed.
5. Pastor’s Report: Did 1 baptism, 4 premarital classes, 1 graveside service, 4 funerals, 9 hospital visits, 25 meetings, 12 nursing home visits, and 85 contacts.
6. Trustee Report: (discussed later in meeting)
7. Deacon Report: Nothing to report at this time.
8. Committee Reports: none
9. Old Business:
a. bathroom: -Final inspection this morning passed.
-rain gutters: estimate of $265 from Tristate Gutters
-dirt: LaVerne going to spread out
-seeding: might get some more seed
-LaVerne wanted to give a huge ‘thank you’ to Lauren M. for
all the time and care that he put into the bathroom project.
10. New Business:
a. painting estimates for the Narthex and meeting room ceiling: $1,007 from Hurd Painting; $1,550 from Artman Painting. LaVerne and Lauren are going to try to get one more estimate for painting before taking to the congregation.
b. propane contract: LaVerne called Chet about discount. The 2 thermostats in the church are working good.
c. scholarship eligibility: had a request for a scholarship-council unanimously agreed that the said person does not meet the criteria listed in the by-laws.
11. Other New Business:
-Sunday school: who’s leading? Need to find out.
-Next council meeting will be Oct. 24th at 6:30pm at Jordan.
Lauren M. motioned to adjourn. Connie T. seconded. Meeting adjourned at 7:11pm